CATIE Introductory Training
Course Description: This course will give you an overview of the processes, features, and functions directly related to CATIE. The areas will include the following:
- Offline processes and techniques
- Device inventory methods
- Case encryption/decryption
- Handling external data
- Online processes and techniques
- Recording using Windows
- Advanced screen capturing
- Tracking Tools
- Real-Time Investigations
- Covert SMS
- Using LMS
- Adding data to Maps
- Completing a case in under 30 minutes.
- Report generating for court use
Course Length:Classroom training lasts 4 hours which includes a Course Evaluation form (completed after the classroom presentations).
CATIE Basic and Premium Editions Training
Course Description: Welcome to Basic training for the CATIE®. This course will teach you how to utilize the CATIE software application to its full extent. Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Effectively use the Custom Online Profiles to gain the edge over your targets.
- Use your video recording windows (PUPs) to capture more than one window.
- Use Frame Extractions on running video recording windows.
- Managing and changing your CATIE access password.
- How CATIE stores case evidence.
- Perform screen captures by adding color borders, short codes, and time factors automatically to each capture.
- Capture keystrokes on selective applications while still being able to use other applications.
- Generate a Report using CATIE's custom engine.
- Perform DOS traces and quickly add the results to your report.
- Testify in court using your report.
Course Length: Classroom training lasts 6 hours which includes a Course Evaluation and Competency Test that are completed after the classroom presentations.
Where: For 2015, we have identified the following cities: Atlanta (GA), Denver (CO), Los Angeles (CA), Dallas (TX), and New York (NY). Check back often for dates and times.
Prerequisites: A basic understanding of DOS commands, Windows familiarity.
Who Should Attend: This training is only available to law enforcement officers who routinely perform computer forensics or cybercrime including supervisors who manage the same.
Benefits to You: Completion of the classroom training assist you in gaining valuable knowledge about CATIE in order to build confidence in testifying in court.
Contact: For questions, requesting more information, facilitate training at your agency, or to inquire about becoming an instructor, please contact us.